Perception™ – Unified CDN / OTT / IPTV Multiscreen Video Platform
Perception™ is a very matured award winning platform - a first complete and fully scalable multiscreen CDN / OTT / IPTV ‘platform-out-of-the-box’ solution, with advanced proprietary cloud based features designed for operators that require a commercially flexible and rapidly deployable solution.
Perception integrates the four key pillars of TV viewing: Live TV, Catch-up TV, VoD and cloud based PVR. It was the very first platform delivering to the market advanced features like catch-up-TV and network PVR.
This unique platform provides the most complete out-of-the-box OVP solution, available as a managed service or licensed platform. From the ingestion of content via multiple sources, through to a fully managed set of multiscreen device player applications including new CDN module innovating the industry with revolutionary virtual multicast edge server technology – VMS™ (Virtual Multicast Streaming).
Perception OVP™ is a complete Online Video Platform solution covering:
- Adaptive Multibitrate Transcoding
- CDN Middleware with VMS™ (Virtual Multicast Streaming) Edge Server technology
- IPTV/OTT Middleware including CMS and SMS modules
- Front-end applications for all popular platforms
- API layers for CDN, IPTV/OTT Middleware and Front-end GUI functionality
- CDN with integrated streaming servers allows operators to leverage pure IP transit rather than buying expensive managed CDN services which deliver less viewer functionality.
- Delivers superior user experience, greater control over the service delivery chain and better value for money.
- Nodes are connected via proprietary server control multicast grid network – Perception Grid.
- All multicast traffic between the nodes including Perception Grid signalling and linear channel backhaul is delivered via secure VPN tunnels.
- Support for advanced functionality like catch-up-TV and Forward-TV
IPTV/OTT Middleware Overview
- Rich API architecture
- Catch-up-TV with user highlights ‘mark-in and replay’ feature support
- Integrated linear TV channel cloud playout automation
- Social media integration including user content sharing
- Dynamic Ad insertion integration
Front-end Player Apps Overview
In addition to Linux and Android STBs, Chromecast, Android and iOS mobile devices, the support for key new platforms is underway in-house or via the third party development partners:
- Unified HTML5 player with support for emerging standards and opportunities like eMBMS
- IPTV STB user interface built with HTML5 standards
- Smart TV user interface*
- Android TV*
- Apple TV*
- Windows Mobile*
Perception Key Advantages
- Secure access to all APIs
- Proprietary conditional access
- Flexible approach to encryption
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to experience our user friendly Perception video player apps.